Sunday, March 14, 2010

WA 40km ITT Championships

WA 40km ITT Championships             March 14, 2010
Quote from the ATTA website Race Results. Go to: http://www.atta.asn.au/ for more info.
"…some brilliant rides today: an awful lot of PBs (47%) and 50 riders averaging 40km/h or better; throw in a handful of records and you'd have to call it an impressive morning's work. I doubt that anyone would dispute the fact that Emma Pooley's time (1.6km/h faster than that great ride by Sue DuPlessis, 14 years ago) was the most outstanding of today's efforts and a superb start to what we hope is another international season of equal brilliance."



This was  a blue ribbon event that I had been working upto. 128 starters and plenty of big guns out to take the prize.
I was absolutely rapt with my time and pace. The first time I was faster than the standard age time. :)
I felt good and strong throughout and my lap times got faster and faster. My last lap was the fastest.

I concentrated on working the hills really hard and maintaining good pace on the flats.
With no wind and high humidity there was no let up on the course. I think I have worked out the bodies signal as to when I am going anaerobic. I get a sense I am about to throw up and a horrid taste of bile in my mouth. If I back off slightly it goes away and I can maintain the pace.
I was in the big chainring for 3/4 of each lap which was great. There was a  slight rear brake rub noise during the last lap, but ignored it and kept going. After the race I noticed the rear wheel has a slight buckle, so will put on the spare and get this one trued.
Lap 1 - 0:18:07
Lap 2 - 0:18:02
Lap 3 - 0:17:44
Lap 4 - 0:17:41
Time - 1:11:34
Average - 34.5km/hr (21.56mph)
Faster than standard age time - +04:06

No comments:

Post a Comment