Monday, June 28, 2010

Gosnells and back Sunday 27th. Looking like an M&M pack.

Up early and attacked a ton of paper work and preparation for work.
By lunchtime I only had a small tidy up left, so by three in the afternoon was getting ready to get outside in the sunshine.

Where to ride? Go and say hello to my trike buddy Chuck? Good idea. Map? Naah, I know the way.
Ring first? Naaah, nice surprise.
As I was going to ride on roads most of the way I went for the high vis clothes.
Bright orange leggins, blue knicks over the top, red longsleeved jersey and my bright day glo flag.
Can't believe how well it all worked. Drivers could really see me. It was a little distracting at first to have bright orange knees come into view. Easy to count cadence today. :)

Roads were good, traffic light and my pace was nice and fast.
No one  home so rode back to Roe highway path and up to the Freeway.
Almost empty path, a few walkers and I use the slight uphills to do some interval training.

The sky was glorious with brilliant sun beaming through heavy dark cumulus.

No comments:

Post a Comment