Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Long Weekend 5,6,7th June

I was strapped for time this long weekend, but managed short rides on Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday
After getting the new furniture from IKEA home, I was off on a ride. It was a toss up between scooting down the freeway south path for a set time or a more picturesque up to Bethesda in Claremont and back.
By the time I arrived at the Narrow's and viewing the river and parks along the way, I decided I wanted more of that and went up to Bethesda.
Staying on the PSP along mounts Bay allowed me to ride within metres of the water. Something for some reason I really enjoy. Four biplanes in formation flew overhead and I let out a long wave.
The Uni was very busy with students just leaving. I thought this odd for a Saturday. It must be exam week?
Jutland parade was an absolute scenic delight. River, boats, parks, trees, houses..... and I was pulling a gear higher on all the rises thanks to a strong tailwind.
Back at the Narrow's I decided to ride up to Canning Bridge and back which made a very memorable magic ride.

Sunday
I volumteered to marshall a corner for the ATTA Shenton Park event and left at 6:45am by bike riding through all the side streets to the registration area.
One of the positives of marshalling is you see all the riders come through.  You also see how they are looking each lap. The top riders are brilliant. Always composed and always fast. A perfect line through the corner with the power on. There were some good tips for me.
After I chose to ride down to Freo but only got as far as the Showgrounds station. Ron on his Sigma was riding towards Subi, so went with him and got the latest info on his upgrades to the Sigma. I really want one of these lwbs but only after they have done all the improvements. I test rode it last year as was impressed at how well it did everything. Commute, tour, race.
I think it is a good platform for a Cyclo team. If only I can get 5 bikes and 5 riders organised.

No comments:

Post a Comment