Friday, February 26, 2016

Deliriously Back in the Saddle

After a very long hiatus I am back to regular cycling.
Actually I have been at it since the start of the new year - a resolution I have been able to keep.

I am not quite light enough for the Baron, so the commuter bike has been pressed into
daily service.

The biggest change I noticed was the much greater volume of cyclists everywhere. Before, I might pass or get passed by a few cyclists. Now there are hundreds of them passing me!
Perhaps I am not as fast as I used  to be. :)

What hasn't changed is my enjoyment of the ride. I have really missed getting out, riding with mates and enjoying the scenery.

Recently I had a "Nike" (Just do it!) moment and registered to ride in the Delirium 24 hour bike race in Busselton. Is something wrong to think cycling for 24 hours will be fun?
The training at the moment is fun and gives my cycling a targeted purpose.

I watched part of it in the pouring rain last year and thought it was a super well run event and would be fun to be in a team.
Rhe race has been moved to Busselton and the course is mostly newly laid asphalt and very, very flat.
It is a rectangular 2km lap. So the ride is in a great location on an excellent circuit.
I hope I don't get too dizzy and I have way too much fun!

If anyone has got any tips or hints on how I might survive this madness please tell me via the comments.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment