Thursday, April 14, 2016

Delirium 24 hour cycle race

After months of training I am as ready as I will ever be for the 24 hour event.

The bike is working well, I have all my spares packed, food, water, pit crew is primed ready for the start on Saturday.

I am quite excited and really looking forward to the challenge. I do hope the rain gods stay away for this one.

There are more than 70 solo riders and more than 31 teams so the 2 km circuit will be full of riders.
I am hoping to be able to draft a group going at about the same pace.
Other than that I am not in a hurry and will be plodding along 'tortoise' style to the end.
If I can crack 500km I will be ecstatic.

The ride is also a fundraiser for the institute of respiratory health, so if you feel inclined to give me added motivation you can donate here:


The progressive results are also posted at: metarace.com.au

Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment