Sunday, February 15, 2015

Rotovelo

I had the chance to sit in one of these Australian made velo machines on the weekend.
When I turned up the owner was cleaning the driveline. The RV was on it side and there was easy access to all parts.

Rotovelo by Trisled is much smaller than what I had imagined. The new upgraded lighting system was impressive. I use ayups on my lowracer so I know just how brilliant they are.

Climbing on board reminded me of the correct way to get in a kayak. That is to keep the knees straight until almost seated.

As the ergonomics were setup for the owner I did not ride it.  However the amount of leg, foot and pedal room was generous.
I felt the seating position and the fall of the hand on the controls was excellent and I could imagine myself riding one for many years. Be sure to have good strong shoulders and arms for getting out.

It would be a big jump for me from bicycle to velo. The ease of jumping on a single track bike and weaving in and out and around and leaning through corners still thrills me.
The greater aerodynamics and comfort of the RV, its carrying capacity and protection from the elements is enticing.



No comments:

Post a Comment