Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Around The River

I bit off more than I could chew. Even though I chewed really fast it was still tough.

After really good results on the trainer for two weeks, a great ride last weekend and feeling strong (so I thought) I ventured to ride around the river, through Mosman and Buckland  Hill using the PSP closest the river.

I rode up Steve's Hill with little difficulty albeit in the front Granny. Then along Jutland was fine and 'Grannied' again to the roundabout in front of Bethesda. However, even though I was in the low gears I felt strong enough to go all the way. Then it came unstuck.
I struggled up Stirling Highway to Devils elbow, walked around the roundabout onto Bayview Terrace and then slowly up Bayview, around the water tower and onto the PSP in front of Buckland Hill. I was starting to recover as I hit the last big hill in North Fremantle and was pleased that the "get off and walk" feeling didn't actually turn into me getting off and walking. Over the bridge to 'The Kiosk' for a well earned rest and drink.

The Kiosk has a cycle rail for bikes so it is easy to park up and enjoy a coffee or breakfast.

For the return ride I took it pretty easy and rode slow and steady up the major hills.

Overall a really good ride of 52 km. I do have a better idea of my fitness level by trying a hilly ride.I did overestimate my fitness but think that more hilly rides will improve my fitness faster than long flat rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment