Monday, December 1, 2014

Shelley Loop

This weekend was a leisurely cycle on what is becoming one of my favourite, most picturesque loop rides. After considering other options of going along rail lines or freeways, I could not drag myself away from the river. The hillier, around the Swan would have been great however with the extra festive season commitments I opted for a flatter ride for quicker recovery. It is an embarrassment to wake in the middle of a conversation not knowing how long it has been that the speaker stopped talking. :) Or worse, I am asked an open ended question about their topic and I have no idea what I was listening to. :)

Starting mid morning we did not come across any group rides and the road traffic was low. The river was at its splendid best with sparkling water and numerous bird life. I felt strong and again surprised myself on maintaining a strong cadence in one higher gear, riding most of the time in 2/7. I topped the Shelley hill in 2/2 which was a first for this return to riding. All this was surprising as I had not pushed a pedal all week. It was very interesting to note how a full week of rest actually improved my power. So for this week I will give myself a rest day on Wednesday and Friday and see how it all feels on Saturday. Maybe that will be a good balance between riding and resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment