Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gidge Superhilly Sunday 25th April

 Image by Troy Coulthard

This is the hilliest TT on the calendar. 40km on rough chipseal.
Luke Durbridge (uner 19 World TT Champion) beat the one hour barrier today - 57m 59s - an incredible ride. What an up and coming star. It was great to see him over the finish line.
I knew a slow time was coming when I did the warm up and the legs felt heavy with lactic acid.
I also had trouble shifting to the smallest chainring when under any load at all. So I badly missed the changes on two hills.

My time was 4min 37sec faster than last year, but I came in with the slowest time.
Time: 1h 44min 37s Av Speed 23.7km/h

I played elastic bands with a few riders. They pass me on the uphill and I pass them on the downhill.
That is until the elastic broke.  The first rider got ahead of me. The second rider was further back.

The scenery was beautiful bushland with only a few cars until the last 5km along busy Toodyay Rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment