Saturday, April 10, 2010

Freeway Run

Did a ride straight down the Freeway yesterday.
I had intended to ride from South Perth to South Yunderup and back, but two things stopped me part way.
1. My right knee started tightening up and aching (no sharp pains) just after Thomas St.
2. The newly rebuilt rear wheel started making a grinding noise.
I turned around at Karnup Road, making a total ride of 110km  instead of the 160km I had planned.
My knee is still stiff today but getting better.

After the runaround this morning to and from Quantum Cycles, I had the derailleur hanger straightened and the derailleur readjusted. Also the rear brake pivot had binded (?) up and had to be serviced.

My other wheel had its free hub retaining nut come loose and stripped its thread.
I am not going to muck around. That wheel is getting rebuilt with a Shimano sealed bearing 105 hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment