Tuesday, May 6, 2014

First Freo and Return

Sunday was an organised Freo ride with a trike buddy.
With overcast and cool conditions we cruised to UWA
and the bottom of Steve's Hill.
Alright up I go and take a chance in middle/small gear.
You beauty! strong and no need to grab a lower gear.
This is quite an achievement for me and a good signpost that
my return to riding is on track.

Cruised to Cottosloe with the help of a light tailwind.
What is interesting is the trike bike interface.
I would roll down hills and move forward about 50 to 100 metres.
Then he would come alongside halfway up the next rise.
I do need more hill work.
Cornering is interesting. I thought there would be major differences,
however what differences are usually due more to rider input
than bike/trike.

Freo at E-shed for a halfway relax and a visit to the E-bike boys.
The Go-cycle looks really cool. Magnesium everything and only 16.5kg.

Halfway home the legs were labouring up the hills, however I used the same
gear up the back of Majestic as for Steve's... another plus.

It was a very pleasant ride and my first to Freo and back and I look forward
to more of these.

The inherent safety of two was noticeable as traffic (road and shared path)
was never a problem as everyone travelled along noticing but not
interfering or annoying each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment