Friday, January 14, 2011

South Perth to Shelley Bridge and Return

I started at 5:30 hoping to miss a large number of commuters.
Conditions were cool with cloud cover and park sprinklers were washing over the cyclepath
at the start in South Perth. So I felt quite chilled until I dried out near the Narrows.
I met the famous Susie from ATTA fame at Canning Bridge and stopped for a chat.
She is one of the chief organisers of the very successful time trialling events here in WA.
If you want to try something different try a time trial or two.
Anyone in any condition can enter these organised events.
The Chittering 40 is on at Bullsbrook on Sunday.
Check their website at ATTA.

I felt pretty good but very thirsty going through two bottles on a cool day.
I was a little more comfortable with the commuters for two reasons. The early start and going in the same direction for more of the ride. Between Canning Bridge and Mt Henry Bridge I used the road on the Mt Pleasant side and did not ride the path on the freeway side or cross over Mt Henry.
Total time 2 hours which was 10 minutes slower than Wednesday but did a lot of spinning and
intervals along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment