Monday, January 10, 2011

First Rides 2011

After New Year's day I couldn't wait any longer, so I set the bike up and went for a short ride.
It was early morning along the river cycle paths, cool air and glistening water and one very happy rider.
I stopped at Matilda Bay (half way) rested with a coffee and beautiful view. Total distance for the return ride is about 16km.
I have done that ride three times now and also ridden to Mount Henry Bridge and back (25km) with and without stops. I stop if I feel any stiffness or soreness in my knees or back. So far so good as the rides are pain free :) YAY!
These rides are on the flat and a great way to ease my self back. The hills and Kings Park will have to wait a while longer. The pleasant surprise is cycling without any pain. I will mix the cycling with swimming and see how fit and thin I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment