Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chidlow Hilly 27km TT Sunday 22nd

http://www.atta.asn.au/maps/chidlowB.html
I was very happy with the results and the way I approached the hill climbing.
1h, 5m, 40s. An average of 24.9km/hr. Didn't quite crack the 25km goal. but it is nearly 2km up on last year's effort in the Gidgegannup hilly.
I actually studied the course and worked out how long I would be climbing each of the major climbs.
It worked out ok if I had checked my watch while riding!!!
Too busy  maintaining a cadence and feeling if I could change up a gear.
The big hill in the middle nearly brought me to my feet. Had to really push hard to keep the pedals moving.

Not sure if I will do the Bison on sat. Weather man is predicting 40C. Don't want to suffere dehydration.
All the weekly group may be riding Sat around the river. If so I will do that and add some hills on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment