Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Rotovelo Reiki

I am pretty sure Sunday was my first ride in the Rotovelo to a non-cycling event.
I had an invitation to a Usui Reiki reunion at Little Covet garden in Maida Vale.
They were honouring, Dorothea for her 30 years of work, support and channeling to bring the loving light energy to as many people as possible.
It was also a great opportunity to catch up with many other Reiki channels I haven’t seen for awhile.
My wife was one of the chief organisers and had to go early, so I put my clothes, shoes etc with her.
For the ride out I decided to take the shortest route through the ‘burbs. It certainly looked good on paper with just one awkward hill to climb. A distance of 22km.
The steep hill was 3 km from the start and required the lowest gear I had front and back. I wasn’t warmed up at the bottom but by the top I had stripped the extra jacket and the legs were hot.
There were a lot of crossroads, stop signs, roundabouts and of the course the ever hated speed bumps. These were not right across the road and I was able to squeeze between the curb and bump for most of them. I did slow to line up the gap. I didn’t want any scratches on my Samagas. J
I was met with lots of kids running, laughing and waving and I happily smiled and waved back. There was also plenty of cars honking. It sounded like happy honking so I smiled  and waved back.



Reiki Energy
One intriguing thing about adult reaction is many stare without expression. As I go by I lift a hand up out of the cockpit and give them a wave. There face usually breaks out in a smile and they say something that the wind blows away. It’s as if they are not sure if I am human or not, then see me wave and realise:
“Wow! There is a real person in that orange bubble thing!”

Once out of the suburbs and onto the cycle path I had my lunch while riding. Two home made sandwiches as it was around lunchtime when I left home. The cycle path and final roads are pretty flat so I made good time. On one road, a car came alongside and kept pace with me. I waved, but no response from inside the strange 4 wheeled steel thing that you don’t pedal. ;)  Then they drove off.
Mmmmm – a photo/video with the window up? Maybe cars are from Mars and Velos are from Venus???
I arrived with plenty of time to spare as the ride took one hour and two minutes. Close enough to a 22km/h average. I had allowed 90 minutes to ride and change etc.
The Reunion was fantastic! The energy in the air was tangible. We all had a great time chatting about our experiences and life in general. Through Reiki I have met and continue to meet so many beautiful and genuine people.
Riding by the river
For the ride home I decided to go the long way (27km) using the cycle paths (PSP) as much as possible. The main reason was it was getting dark and the sun was low in the sky (almost sunset). And, of course I love the ride along the river.
It must have been all that Reiki, energy but from the first pedal stroke I felt I was flying. Later my wife who was driving behind me at the start commented that I was going very fast.
I had the path to myself, it was dark and cold and I was zipping along in top gear. I wasn’t even changing down for the flyovers. I just grinded my way up them. I am a spinner so that is unusual for me and the little voice in my head said, “Try not to bust a knee!”
When I reached the river it was very dark with little street lighting so I set my headlight to constant and brightest setting. I did actually bang one or two curbs on approach ramps but the Samagas didn’t complain too much. And each wheel got one bump each so it sort of kept the balance.
I eased off in the last 3km as I like to cool down before I get home and eased into the driveway.
As I cross the driveway I click the stop watch and stop to see the time.

The second hand was about to sweep up to the full minute mark.
I had ridden the 27km ride home in 59 minutes and 55seconds.
An average of 27km/h – Now that really did put a smile on my face.
Maybe I should do a bit of Reiki before each ride.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment