Thursday, March 2, 2017

Baron v Rotovelo

Now that I have continued to commute 3, 4 or 5 days to work each week in the Rotovelo the Baron is always in perfect working order ready for the next sports ride.
If I am riding with my mates on their road bikes or with buddies on their Baron's or other recumbent bikes, the Baron is the bike for those rides.
At the moment it is due to me being faster up short hills on the Baron compared to the RV.
however the difference is getting smaller and smaller.
To sustain a high speed on the Baron it definitely takes more power to stay at that speed.
With the Rotovelo is feels it can be sustained more easily.
there is less momentum on the Baron when starting and incline and pedal power is added sooner than the RV.

There is a sense that the RV allows for rests while maintaining speed and then extreme work for hills.
The Baron in comparison requires continuous input.
I also anticipate that the Baron will be quicker on steep and long climbs than the Rotovelo.
No matter which one I ride I am having fun and getting stronger.

A 75km flat ride recently had my average higher in the RV than when I did it on the Baron.
32km/h versus 30km/h.

I don't know when but it will get to the point where the difference is small enough for the RV to make up the differences on the flat or downhill.





No comments:

Post a Comment